Sharon's Original Turkey Chili
How to Make Turkey Chili
Original Recipe by Sharon
Serves 4 people
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
3 bay leaves
2 dashes Cholula
3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 chili or jalapeno (chopped - only add if you like it hot)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 pound turkey mince (ground turkey)
1 bottle Brooklyn Lager
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. Soften the onions in the pan and then add the chili powder (to taste).
3. Add the chopped turkey bacon.
4. Brown the mince.
5. Add the tin of plum tomatoes.
6. Add the kidney beans.
7. Add the tomato paste, the Worcestershire Sauce, Cholula, chili and bay leaves.
8. Add enough beer to cover the chili.
8. Simmer on a low heat (adding more beer as it burns off) until the flavors fuse together for about 30 to 40 minutes.
If you like this recipe, why not cook more of Sharon's recipes .
Here's what you need to know about the nutrition in this recipe and Chili to be an expert!
The traditional chili recipe from Texas, the Bowl o' Red is made with beef and doesn't contain beans.
Turkey is a super food, but not traditional in chili.
Dave Dewitt, is the Pope of Peppers!
The heat of chile peppers is measured on the Scoville Scale, starting with a green pepper and ending with Pepper X!